Joint Support and Protection
- Supports joint structure
- Prevents cartilage deterioration
- Relieves joint pain from arthritis
- Cushions joint tissues
Glucosamine sulfate and chondroitin sulfate are components of the cartilage in joint tissue, supporting joint structure by aiding in the formation of connective tissue and protecting against the deterioration of cartilage from chronic joint diseases, while helping to relieve joint pain associated with osteoarthritis.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
- Glucosamine HCL 500 mg
- Chondroitin Sulphate 400 mg
Key Features: Well researched joint support formula.
- Sports injuries.
- Cartilage regeneration.
Suggested Use: Take one capsule two to three times a day with food, or as directed by a qualified health care practitioner. It will normally take a minimum of two months to see beneficial effects.
Cautions: Consult a health care provider if symptoms persist after ongoing supplementation, if you experience gastrointestinal pain or bowel movement disturbances, or if allergic reaction occurs.
Exercise caution if allergic to seafood (shrimp/ crab).
Pregnancy / Nursing: Do not use.
- Glucosamine- crustacean shells
- Chondroidin Sulphate- bovine.
Complementary Products: Hyaluronic Acid, Lyprinin, MSM, Advenced Joint Support.
Glucosamine & Chondroitin is chondroitin sulfate and glucosamine, two natural components found in the cartilage of joint tissue. Glucosamine has a role in producing the fluids and tissues that cushion joints and is necessary for the formation of skin, eyes, bones, tendons, nails, ligaments and parts of the heart. Chondroitin sulfate is a component of proteoglycans, the main components of cartilage.
Arthritis and Joint Injury
Glucosamine’s effects in joint support and arthritis are backed by extensive research. Glucosamine helps produce lubricating fluid to support joint function and helps repair damage to arthritic joints. Clinical trials with glucosamine have found that it can reduce pain and improve the symptoms of various forms of arthritis. Chondroitin has similar effects. Together, glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate can reduce the need to take medication for pain relief. Their effects on joint repair can also benefit those who are suffering from sports injuries.
Glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate support joint structure and help to build connective tissue, protecting against the destruction of cartilage from injury or chronic joint disease. Glucosamine & Chondroitin provides a natural solution for pain relief and joint protection.
Glucosamine (GS) is composed of two hexosamine sugars that are common in animal cells. Glucosamine is produced naturally in the body by chondrocytes in cartilage to help maintain and build healthy joint tissue. The main purpose of glucosamine is to create long chains of modified disaccharides called glycosaminoglycans (GAGs), which joints and cartilage require for repair. The GAGs are the main component of proteoglycans (PGs), which along with chondrocytes and collagen, make up cartilage. Glucosamine is also converted in the body to N-acetyl-glucosamine, which in turn is critical to the formation of hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is the central component of synovial fluid which acts as a lubricant in the joints.
Chondroitin sulphate (CS) is a heterogenous group of glycosaminoglycans. CS functions as a component of proteoglycans.
The low molecular weight and high solubility of GS enable it to be readily absorbed in the blood stream (over 90% of an oral dose). Evidence indicates absorption of GS to be via active transport. GS is rapidly incorporated into articular cartilage. CS on the other hand is absorbed poorly due to the wide range of chain lengths and molecular weights. Estimations range between 0.8% and 8.5% absorption of CS intact. The physiological benefits of CS are likely due to the increased availability of monosaccharide building blocks (glucuronic acid and N-acetyl glucosamine) created by the hydrolysis of CS during digestion and absorption.
Clinical Applications of Glucosamine and Chondroitin Sulphate
Glucosamine is a very well studied joint-support supplement.
- A review of a number of clinical studies showed that over 90% of patients reported improvement of symptoms after taking 1 500mg GS daily for 50 days. Arthritis of the shoulder or elbow responded the best. CS in various formulations produced similar effects. Co-administration of CS resulted in 72% reduction in the effective dose of NSAIDs required to relieve pain.
- Another study comparing Voltaren (a prescriptive NSAID) with CS showed that Voltaren produced a prompt reduction in clinical symptoms; however the symptoms reappeared quickly after the discontinuation of treatment. Patients treated with CS had a slower response to treatment, although the favorable response remained up to three months after discontinuation of treatment.
- Forty-two patients (aged 35-78) with symptomatic osteoarthritis of the knee received 800mg daily dose of CS or placebo for 1 year. After 3 months, joint pain was significantly reduced. The difference in pain reduction became even more marked after 12 months (63% vs 26%; p<0.01).
An Effective Combination
Studies using the combination of chondroitin sulfate and glucosamine have demonstrated its effectiveness.
- In patients with capsulitis, disk displacement, disk dislocation or painful osteoarthritis of the temporomandibular joint, 1500 mg of glucosamine and 1200 mg of CS for 12 weeks reduced pain and joint tenderness, as well as the daily amount of over-the-counter medications required.
- In another study, glucosamine (1500mg/day) and CS (1200 mg/day) reduced pain in patients with knee osteoarthritis who had been suffering from moderate-to-severe knee pain.
Glucosamine and chondroitin sulphate are two effective nutrients for joint support. Their combination provides natural relief for joint pain.
*Prices and product availability are subject to change without notice. All specials and promotions limited to stock on hand.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
There are no reviews yet.