Chiropractic Through the Ages
July 1st, 2015
Chiropractic Care for Infants and ChildrenAddressing the health needs of your growing children through natural chiropractic health care.
An increase in chronic childhood disease is part of the reason parents today seek alternative health care for children. Gentle, noninvasive and drug free, chiropractic adjustments treat, resolve and prevent a wide range of health problems. Recent research by the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association (ICPA) found spinal manipulative therapy safe and successful in treating children of all ages.Chiropractic care benefits children by correcting the spinal alignment to improve their overall health.
When vertebral joints are misaligned during birth or from a blow or fall, muscle tissue and nerves may also be affected. Spinal adjustments frees joints, restores motion and relieves nerve pressure, which may be the cause of additional ailments. Parents report successful treatment of children’s health issues such as acute earache, upper respiratory infection, muscle pain, neck pain, growing pains, shoulder, lower back, hip, knee and foot issues, and accident trauma.Spinal manipulation for children as young as newborn babies is an alternative treatment for the discomfort of colic and other digestive disorders as well. Although the basic premise for chiropractic care is the same whether the patient is 80 years old or 8 months old, the ever-growing and changing active little bodies of children have distinct needs depending on their stage of development. Generally, children respond much faster and more profoundly to chiropractic care than adults do.
10 Reasons Parents Take Their Children To See Chiropractors
1. To have regular spinal and extremity alignment checks.
2. To aid their body’s’ to grow straight!
3. To promote body balance by helping to resolve poor posture, asthma, allergies and bed-wetting.
4. To help kids stay fun and light hearted.
5. To help kids stay in tip-top shape.
6. To aid in proper functioning of their body when doing sports.
7. To encourage good neural plasticity (brain and nerve development).
8. To help strengthen their child’s immunity – encouraging fewer colds.
9. To help resolve colic. As the crying can be related to pain they are in.
10. Encourages children to thrive by supporting digestive strength.
11. To diminish nerve interference which may impact their child’s capacity to learn and concentrate.
Chiropractic Care As You Age“Is it because of my age?”
Aging isn’t always easy as your risk of certain medical conditions increases and, often, your mobility decreases—both of which can lower your quality of life. The incidence of musculoskeletal problems increases as people age.
In Canada, 30% of seniors over age 75 reported being in pain, and 47% of people over age 65 have been diagnosed with arthritis or rheumatism. Osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, and joint diseases are also very common in seniors, and are the primary cause of severe long-term pain and physical disability. Seniors are especially limited by Muscle, skeletal and nerve conditions. Mobility and independence are affected, and pain can interfere with sleeping, daily living, and recreational activities. Long-term pain can also be a precursor to depression.
Chiropractors can provide safe and effective therapy to diminish and prevent the symptoms of musculoskeletal disorders, such as acute and chronic back pain, pain from age-related joint conditions such as osteoarthritis, and early treatment of conditions such as lumbar stenosis.
Treatment includes manual therapies such as joint mobilization, joint adjustments, soft tissue therapies, and rehabilitation strategies such as exercises and behavioural modifications. Seniors generally consult chiropractors for treatment of pain, and many patients report positive outcomes such as pain relief and decreased use of pain medication. Chiropractic care can help people age successfully by minimizing and preventing pain to allow seniors to maintain a healthy level of activity.
How Can Chiropractic Help Seniors?
- Pain management
- Increase range of motion and function
- Decrease progression of joint degeneration
- Correct posture
- Increase balance
- Reduce risk of falls
- Age more gracefully and with better function!
15% Off Supplements
- Ultra Balance III Capsules
- Glucosamine and Chondroitin
- Children’s Chewable Vitamins