- Take a pair of running shoes and change into these out of your boots to use for shopping. Running shoes are more shock absorbing and will aid in taking pressure off your body. Also, buy over-the-shoulder bags to prevent injuries by carrying too many plastic shopping bags.
- Open the kitchen cupboard and put a foot on the bottom shelf to act as a foot stool. (Alternate back and forth between both feet).
- Wear a pair of sandals, slippers or shoes to cushion your feet.
- Roll up a t-shirt or scarf and tuck it into the small of your back when sitting.
- Put your feet on a carry-on bag when flying. This acts as a foot stool and takes pressure off your back
- Taking bags off conveyor belt – give yourself some time to remove the bag. Do not twist your back after removing bag. Move your legs first. Twisting your back can cause injury.
- Sleeping in a bed other than your own
- If the bed is lumpy, pad the mattress with blankets or a duvet. If you own a camping foam take it with you to cushion the mattress.
Using different pillows
- Travel with your own pillow. If not using your own pillow and pillow is too low; fold towel and put under pillow to raise and/ OR roll towel and put at front end of pillow case (inside where neck rests). Head should be parallel with the mattress. This is for natural contouring.