HMF Multi Strain
HMF Multi Strain is a moderate-level, long-term maintenance probiotic formula which provides sixteen strains including proprietary human-sourced Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium bifidum and Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis. The capsules are 100% pure vegetable-sourced which makes the product ideal for vegans.
Moderate-level maintenance probiotic
• Provides 15 billion CFU per dose
• No FOS
16 probiotic strains
• Includes proprietary human-sourced strains
Supports a healthy normal digestive flora
• Provides live microorganisms that temporarily modify gut flora
Multi strain probiotic formula promotes optimal gastrointestinal health* • Supports a healthy gut microflora* • Provides 15 billion CFU per capsule from a combination of 16 strains HMF Multi Strain is a combination of 16 probiotic strains that promote a healthy gut microflora.
The intestines are a critical barrier that selectively allow absorption or promote the excretion of compounds, and their optimal function depends on a healthy bacterial balance. The intestinal microbiota contains more than 400 bacterial species, and can be altered by aging, child birth, toxins.
Probiotics – reinforce the epithelial barrier and mediate intestinal permeability by controlling the integrity of tight junctions. Lactobacilli and Bifidobacteria are the most commonly used probiotics, effectively colonize the intestines, and promote the presence of beneficial bacteria to support normal intestinal function.
In a randomized, placebo-controlled trial involving 155 adults, daily intake of a probiotic supplement providing 25 billion CFU (containing two strains each of Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium) for 21 days significantly and positively affected the intestinal microbiota.*
Pharmax and GENESTRA BRANDS™ are probiotic science and innovation leaders, with over 20+ years of proven experience and an ongoing commitment to incorporate the safest and most effective strains that reflect the latest evidence-based research from human trials. Their probiotics are human-sourced strains, proven in human clinical trials and cover a comprehensive product range.
2. Fedorak, RN, Vanner, SJ, Paterson, WG, Bridges, RJ. Can J Gastroenterol. 2012; 26(5): 252-256.
3. Williams, EA, Stimpson, J, Wang, D, Plummer, S, Garaiova, I, Barker, ME, Corfe, BM. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2008; 29: 97-103.
4. Fu, L, Wang, Y. (2013). Chapter 3. Sources and Production of Probiotics. In Otles, S. (Ed.), Probiotics and Prebiotics in Food, Nutrition and Health (pp. 50-64). Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press.
5. Lyra A, Tiihonen K, Lehtinen MJ, Ouwehand AC. (2013). Chapter 8. Pro- and Prebiotics for Elderly. In Otles, S. (Ed.), Probiotics and Prebiotics in Food, Nutrition and Health (pp. 156-178). Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press.
6. Nagpal, R, Yadav, H, Kumar, M, Jain, S, Yamashiro, Y, Marotta, F. (2013). Chapter 1. Probiotics, Prebiotics and Synbiotics. In Otles, S. (Ed.), Probiotics and Prebiotics in Food, Nutrition and Health (pp. 1-24). Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press.
7. Saulnier, N, Zocco, MA, Di Caro, S, Gasbarrini, G, Gasbarrini, A. Probiotics and small bowel mucosa: Molecular aspects of their interactions. Genes & Nutrition. 2006; 1(2): 107-116.
References: 1. NHPD Abbreviated Labelling Standard Live Microorganisms. August 30, 2011
*Prices and product availability are subject to change without notice. All specials and promotions limited to stock on hand.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.