Dr. Rodwin recently took the Level 2 CATS course:
The course was just in April and was a FABULOUS, mainly technique and hands on the whole 4 days! This is several of the new things I learned and we re-looked at:
- Concussion protocols reviewed and new protocols studied,
- new jaw adjustments,
- nose adjustments,
- How to aid snoring (several of the other participants were treated for this and when we had our Grand Rounds (patients come to be treated we used this on several of them: Very Successful for several people!),
- eye adjustments,
- other techniques for migraines and headaches,
- sinus adjustments,
- ear adjustments: full, hard to drain ears
- NEW cranial adjustments for different skull bone
Since coming back I have used the new protocols on many patients with FABULOUS Success!
- Jennifer: ‘with the work you did after the first time I have less pain in that part of my head which normally I feel ALL the time!’
- Mike: ‘wow just after one treatment my headache was lessened and now after 3 treatments my neck moves better, I am sleeping better, I have less brain fog, I can focus and concentrate a lot better and I actually can see more clearly!’
- Keri-Lyn: my eyes became clearer after the eye adjustment!
- Bruce: ‘I can breathe out of my nose properly and do not snore as much!’
- Nancy: ‘My ear became unclogged and drained for me!’
- Robert: ‘My migraine lessened in intensity and the next one was not as frequent and was less intense’ Wow thank you for changing my life!
The cranium or bones of the skull can go out of alignment when we undergo a vigorous shake, bang your head on a trunk or shelf, whiplash, and fall and hit our heads. Dr. Barbara Rodwin can evaluate the motion and condition of these skull bones. If there is a bump, or other changes to these skull bones Dr. Rodwin can adjust them to aid in resolving the headaches and migraines.
Ask for your skull or head to be examined!
Acuballs are AMAZING to release tension! We’ve created a video explaining how to use an Acuball to relieve headaches/migraines – check it out!
Nutrition for headaches, migraines and concussions:
- Foods: Discuss foods with Dr. Barbara Rodwin or Dr. Kathy Van Zeyl
- Food sensitivities: see Dr. Kathy Van Zeyl, our naturopath at Back to Health Wellness Centre, she can run food sensitivity tests and make recommendations
- Magnesium depletion due to chronic headaches, migraines or concussion: should try the magnesium bowel tolerance test. Find it on our website by searching for it!
- Coconut oil: 2-4 tablespoons/day aids these issues
- Coconut water: coconut water is higher in natural electrolytes compared to sports drinks. It’s actually good to drink every day to aid with the depletion of these in your body. Find out more about coconut water by searching for it on our website!
- Weather changes affect this due to the barometric pressure: this can be worked on as well with the CATS technique.
- Fluid intake: proper fluid intake aids decreasing symptoms
- Supplements: fish oil, Petadolex, pain pro, glucosamine, NEM, glucosamine, B vitamins, B 12, iron: dependent on your issues with headaches, migraines and concussions several of these supplements can aid you. It is best to discuss this with either Dr. Rodwin or Dr. Van Zeyl.
The jaw has a direct into relationships between the skull and then neck. When you talk the top part of your neck does move. People with either headaches, migraines or concussions often have issues with their jaw which are sometimes not addressed by certain health care providers.
2 new systematic reviews found that acupuncture can provide patients who suffer from tension and migraine headache an alternative treatment for pain.
Did you know that 80% of headaches are neck related? Headaches and migraines are common pain events for many people, and they are often recurring. A variety of prescription and over-the-counter medications may control headache and migraine pain, but they only mask the pain without addressing the cause. These medications may also have side effects, especially with long use. Hoping to find a more natural and holistic solution to chronic headaches, many people turn to chiropractic.
Research shows that spinal adjustments– the primary form of care provided by doctors of chiropractic – may be an effective treatment option for tension headaches and headaches that originate in the neck.
Chiropractic adjustments aid with these as well, can adjust different ways dependant on what the patient would like and prefer. Some patients are not fond of the ‘cracking’ noise with a neck adjustment and the neck adjustment can then be changed to several other types that do not cause the noise.
Dr. Van Zeyl practises cupping that can help with the tension in the neck, shoulders, and upper back that are interrelated with headaches, migraines for concussions. Feel free to book a 15 minute meet and greet which is complementary! Ask Dr. Van Zeyl if this would aid you. Dr. Van Zeyl has also created a cupping video explaining and demonstrating cupping therapy – check it out!
Meditation, yoga and Pilates:
All of these can aid with the symptoms from headaches, migraines or concussions. It is good to actually try each of them to be able to see how they would help you.
Andrew’s Functional Range Release Course
Late last year, Andrew took courses for the spine and is looking forward to taking some more courses this year, including an ART spine course in July in Niagara.
Similar to ART, there is a complete set of protocols for treating the head, spine, and pelvis in Functional Range Release. Additionally, this course included a detailed training in palpation (helps to locate the muscles and better identify what is causing the problem).Overall, Andrew explains that it is a better way of assessing the sources of back, head, and neck pain.
Andrew has taken multiple Functional Anatomy courses and is excited to integrate this into his treatment. Call in (613) 237 3306 to book a visit with him to find out how he can help you!
Are your toes going numb? How about on the elliptical or when you cycle? This shouldn’t happen. You need a lift to the forefoot to alleviate those symptoms.
Do you have callouses on your big toes? IS your big toe joint getting bigger? These are also signs that you need support for your forefoot.
So you have burning or a bruised feeling in the “ball” of your foot? This is another sign we need to support.
DO you wear orthotics all winter long with metatarsal support and nothing in your sandals? These adhesive met pads can be added you sandals to make them better for your feet throughout the summer months.
Do high heels hurt your feet? Metatarsal pads can be added to take the pressure off the foot which would then make the high heels more bearable for that special event!
Book a FREE met pad fitting with Keri-Lyn this month!
PROMOTIONS FOR JUNE 2017:
FREE Metatarsal pad fittings with Keri-Lyn!
Fish Oil that is 15% off this month: Opti-EPA and Super EFA Liquid